Most security cameras are compatible with smart TVs, so if users wish to view their camera’s footage on the big screen, all that is needed is a stable Wi-Fi connection to connect both devices.
even if you don ’ t have a smart television, there are still some alternatives to allow you to view your security camera on your television. There is besides the option to hardwire security cameras to your system ; however, this article ’ mho focus will be streaming video recording footage with Wi-Fi-enabled devices .
Benefits of Watching Security Cameras on Smart TVs
Having the ability to view your security cameras on your mobile devices is undeniably beneficial for those looking to stay up to go steady on their monitor. however, using your smart television receiver can provide an extra level of security and can even be operated via voice activation.
Bạn đang đọc: How Do I Watch My Security Camera on My Smart TV?
additionally, you can even set up your smart television receiver to receive motion alerts and notifications from your security system camera so that you can be alerted of unauthorized drift or action. Regardless of how you decide to use your frame-up, let ’ s look at some ways to get start monitoring your footage on a smart television receiver .
Guide to Connecting Security Cameras to a Smart TV
Before getting started connecting your security camera to your television, there are a few things you ’ ll want to get set up :
- Wi-Fi Enabled Security Camera: Wyze Cam, Nest Cam, and Ring Doorbell Pro are all reputable Wi-Fi-enabled security cameras compatible with smart home devices (Alexa and Google Assistant).
- A smart TV like Samsung or a Fire TV: Though not required, having a smart-enabled TV will allow for voice activation and more straightforward integration. (If you don’t have a smart TV, you can also use a Fire TV Stick or Google Chromecast to connect your Wi-Fi-enabled cameras, which we will explore in greater detail later in the article.)
Connecting Using Third-Party Apps
If you already have a bright television like the ones mentioned above, you ’ re only a few steps away from streaming your security television camera footage. Since ache TVs occur with Wi-Fi abilities, they can already interpret data transmitting from your Wi-Fi-enabled camera. however, to sync with your security cameras, you will need to install an app on your smart television allowing them to communicate .
Tiny Cam Pro
One of the most well-established apps for viewing security footage is Tiny Cam Pro. It ’ s an android application packed with features to help you customize your security feed. additionally, as it is a native android application, it can be downloaded on most fresh TVs ( it can besides be used with hardwired IP security cameras ) .
here ’ s a quick look at some of the features Tiny Cam Pro offers :
- Supports over 12,000 models of security cameras (including smart cameras), making compatibility a non-issue
- 2-way audio enabled
- SSL and HTTPS protocols for secure monitoring
- AI object and face detection
- Background recording (including auto-deletion of old footage)
once you ’ ve downloaded the app on your Wi-Fi-enabled bright television, syncing to your security television camera is fair a matter of scanning your home network and connect to the associated device. You can even manually add cameras ( though you will need to provide the seller, model, username, and password for the device ) .
It is worth noting that though Tiny Cam Pro is not the only app compatible with ache TVs and security cameras, with over 100,000 users, it ’ s a great place to start. now that you have the app installed and are ready to go, let ’ s take a closer look at connecting to some well-known smart TVs .
Connecting to a Samsung Smart TV
In addition to Tiny Cam Pro, Samsung smart TVs offer native support for their app “ SmartThings. ” With this app, you can connect and control multiple devices, all of which can be monitored directly on the television. hera are a few steps to get you started viewing your security camera on a Samsung smart television with SmartThings :
- Verify that the SmartThings app is installed.
- Open the app and select the Plus Icon (+) and “Device.”
- Select your device’s name and “Camera” from the app.
- Next, you will be asked to “Authorize” the connection to your camera.
After the initial setup steps, the app will ask you to enter your login information ( where applicable ). Once the television camera has been added successfully, choice which camera you ’ rhenium access in the app, and you ’ ra good to go .
Connecting to Fire TV
Fire TVs use the Amazon Alexa ecosystem to communicate with your dwelling ’ s fresh devices. As such, you will first need to ensure that the Alexa app is installed and synced to your Fire television before connecting your television camera.
once you have Alexa installed and configured on your Fire television receiver :
- Open the Alexa App and select “Menu.”
- Scroll down to “Smart Home.”
- Next, select “Device” and search for the Skill for your “Smart Home Camera.”
- Once you have located the Camera Skill, click to enable it; this will prompt you to link your security camera’s account to Alexa.
- You can manually link the camera by selecting “Devices” and “Discover” once the camera has been connected to Alexa. Alternatively, you can use the voice prompt, “Alexa, discover devices,” to automatically search for the camera.
once you ’ ve followed these steps, you are ready to view your security television camera directly on your Fire television. additionally, you can use voice commands like “ Alexa, show me the front doorway television camera ” to mechanically show the match footage on your television .
If you don ’ t have a smart television receiver, don ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate concern. There are some low-cost solutions to viewing your security camera footage immediately on your television .
How to Watch Security Cameras with Standard TVs
The use of third-party devices is required if you do not have either a smart television or a comparable Wi-Fi-enabled television. fortunately, both Google and Amazon crack products geared just for this purpose .
Stream with Google Chromecast
Google Chromecast allows you to stream media from your mobile devices ( or other platforms ) directly to your television. In this sheath, you can besides use it to stream footage from your security television camera. here are some promptly steps to get you started streaming with your Google Chromecast :
eminence : You will besides need a Goo g le Home device to act as an mediator between both devices .
- Connect your Chromecast to your Google Home device.
- Next, you will need to connect your security camera to Google Home.
- Open the Google Home App.
- Press Add > Set Up Device > Setup New Devices.
- Select your Google Home, which will attempt to pair with your camera.
- Select your camera and tap to “Pair” the devices.
After this, your system is quick to go, including voice energizing. You can issue part commands like “ Hey Google, show [ camera ], ” which will begin streaming content via your Google Chromecast to your television .
Stream with Fire Stick
now let ’ s take a expect at how to stream your security camera using Amazon ’ randomness Fire Stick. The Fire Stick, like Chromecast, allows you to stream media from a device directly to your television receiver ( including security cameras ) .
- First, download and install the Alexa App.
- Next, open the Alexa App and enable the “Ring Skill” feature (this will enable the voice command features).
- Once the “Ring Skill” feature is enabled, the Alexa App will prompt you to authorize your security camera.
( reservoir : Learn CCTV )
Xem thêm: Virtualization
once the device has been authorized, your organization is ready to stream footage from your security television camera. Like the Chromecast, you can use part commands like “ Alexa, show me the front doorway television camera, ” and many others .
The ability to stream footage from your home security cameras on fluid devices is a common have seen with most devices. however, with fresh TVs and third-party stream devices, the options to view your cameras with a simple articulation dominate is a sell degree for many consumers. fortunately, connecting your security camera to a smart television receiver entirely requires a few extra steps and accessories to get you started .
hush can ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate plug in to your chic television receiver ? There may be a connectivity issue with your device ; check out this article to learn how to troubleshoot the problem .