Mussels are highly underestimate – they ’ rhenium brassy, agile and easy to cook, and delightful !
Bạn đang đọc: How to cook Mussels with Garlic White Wine Sauce
And there ’ s something indeed impressive about placing a giant bowl of mussels on the table for syndicate and friends to get stuck into with their hands. No cutlery around these parts – just lots of napkins !
How to cook mussels
This recipe I ’ thousand sharing today is a identical classic manner to cook mussels – steamed in a garlic butter whiten wine broth. It ’ s identical flying and easy, and very makes the most of mussels :
- saute aromatics to create the season floor ( butter, garlic, onion ), cook off ashen wine then stir through tomato ( color, adds texture, sake and a piece of season ) ;
- Add mussels ;
- Clamp eyelid on, fudge 8 minutes shaking once or doubly ;
- When cooked, mussels will open ;
- Pour the mussels and all the broth in a bad bowling ball – or serve it straight from the toilet !
- Crack the mussel open, scoop up broth and devour !
Can you eat mussels that haven’t opened?
Yes you can ! It ’ s an old wives tale that mussels that don ’ thymine open are off. The merely argue to not eat mussels that don ’ metric ton loose are if they are excessively hard to pry open ! !
How to tell if mussels are fresh?
Easy – the smell. When crude, mussels smell bracing, like the ocean. Off mussels smell very unpleasant. Just reliance me when I say you will KNOW if they are off !
What you need for steamed mussels
basically, the only ingredients you need to make really tasty mussels is garlic, white wine and butter or olive oil. Everything else you see below are extras that add an extra element of season, but they aren ’ triiodothyronine mandate .
White wine actually is the ingredient that makes all the difference here. Wine adds complexity and season to the sauce of an otherwise very simple recipe. Non alcoholic submarine – low sodium wimp broth/stock .
The best part is the SAUCE!
It might be wholly inappropriate to say this, but for me, the best partially of every mussel recipe I ’ ve every try or ordered is the SAUCE .
As the mussels cook, they drop an amazing total of fluent which is basically actual ( and free ) seafood store. The BEST stock one could ever ask for !
sol when the mussel juices mingles with everything else in the pot, you end up with the most outrageously tasty sauce to dunk boodle into ! ! – Nagi x
More mussel recipes
- spanish paella
- Mussel pasta – fudge mussels per this recipe, remove kernel from mussels, leaving some in shell for presentation. Cook pasta, then toss pasta into frying pan with the sauce from these mussels, then discard in mussels, gamboge juice, temper to taste !
- Seafood Marinara Pasta – cook mussels per recipe, remove kernel from mussels and use in the Marinara Pasta recipe. Add the cooking broth from this recipe into the tomato sauce in the Marinara Pasta recipe and cook down to reduce. amazing ! ? ?
Watch how to make it
Watch how to cook mussels in garlic white wine butter sauce !
Hungry for more ? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates .
Tap or hover to scale
Recipe video above. Mussels are highly underrated – they’re cheap, quick and easy to cook, and delicious! This is a classic way to cook mussels – in a garlic white wine butter sauce. Be sure to have plenty of crusty bread to mop up the delicious sauce, it’s my favourite part!
50g / 3 tbsp butter , unsalted
1⁄2 onion , finely chopped ( embrown, yellow, flannel )
3 garlic cloves , very finely chopped
1 kilogram / 2 pound mussels , bearded and scrubbed ( Note 1 )
1 cup ( 250ml ) dry white wine
2 tomatoes , deseeded and diced ( Note 2 )
1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley , roughly chopped
Lemon wedges ( essential ! )
Crusty boodle to serve ( all-important ! )
Heat oil in a large, heavy pot over medium heat, melt butter.
Add the garlic and onion, stirring occasionally until onion is soft and fragrant – about 3 minutes.
Turn heat up to high, add wine and bring to boil. Simmer 2 minutes until the harsh alcoholic smell is gone.
Stir in tomatoes, add mussels stir to coat in sauce a bit.
Cover, lower heat to medium high and cook, shaking pot once or twice.
The mussels are cooked when they are open – around 6 to 8 minutes.
Toss through parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper. Be careful with the salt as the mussels are already salty, so taste first.
Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, and serve with lemon wedgeds on the side so people can use as much as they wish. Serve immediately with crusty bread to mop up the sauce!
UNOPENED MUSSELS are fine to eat, if you can pry them open ! It ‘s an old wives tale that mussels that do n’t open are off and should be discarded .
1. Mussels – to tell if mussels are fresh, just smell them when raw. They should smell like the ocean. If they are off, trust me, you will know because they will not smell nice !
Mussels nowadays are often sold in packs, already cleaned and debearded .
To scrub yourself, use a dishwashing scrub and scrub the shells to remove free bits .
To remove beard, use your fingers to get a good fascinate on the “ beard ” ( fibrous bits ) hanging out of the side of the mussels, then pull securely to yank it out .
2. Tomatoes – cut in half then use spoon to scoop out watery center. then die .
3. Nutrition per serve, assuming all broth is consumed .
primitively published May 2014. Updated July 2019 with trade name modern photos, raw video and new write ! Recipe got a refresh excessively but the core of the recipe is the surface-to-air missile .
Life of Dozer
He was about 5 kg / 10lb when I got him…. he ’ s immediately 40kg/80lb ! ! ! !