Whether something seems incorrect with your heart rate data, or tone, outdistance, calorie, or even GPS track, there are four steps to beginning attempt to fix Apple Watch Workout and Activity track .
part of the write out could be trying to track workouts and natural process where GPS is unavailable, but the problems may besides be due to your localization services settings, motion calibration settings, and more.
Below we ’ ll expression at how to fix Apple Watch tracking with some quick solutions you can use on iPhone and Apple Watch .
How to fix Apple Watch Workout tracking and Activity tracking
First, look at location services
- Open the Settings app > choose Privacy
- Now tap Location Services
- Check Location Services is turned on at the top
- Swipe down to the very bottom and tap System Services
- Check Motion Calibration & Distance is toggled on
nowadays, you can check your personal details to make surely they ’ re up to date :
- In the Watch app on your iPhone, choose the My Watch tab in the bottom left corner
- Swipe down and tap Health
- Choose Health Details
- Make sure your height, weight, and more are accurate
following, you can reset your calibration data .
- Still in the Watch app on your iPhone
- Choose the My Watch tab in the bottom left corner
- Swipe down and tap Privacy
- Tap Reset Fitness Calibration Data
On Apple Watch
To calibrate Apple Watch after you ’ ve reset your fitness calibration :
- Apple says head outside to a “flat, open outdoor area that offers good GPS reception and clear skies.”
- For Apple Watch Series 2 and later you don’t need to bring iPhone (for Series 1 and 0 you do)
- Open the Workout app on your Apple Watch and start an outdoor walk or run
- Complete 20 minutes or so of the walk/run
Apple shares more specifics on how the recalibration works in a back text file :
Xem thêm: Downloader App: Documentation
If you don ’ t have time to finish the exercise, you can complete 20 minutes over multiple outdoor Workout sessions. If you work out at different speeds, you should besides calibrate for 20 minutes at each of the speeds that you walk or run .
Whenever you walk or run outside using the above steps, your Apple Watch continues to calibrate the accelerometer by learning your footstep length at different speeds. calibration can besides improve the accuracy of your calorie calculations in the Workout app, and the calorie, distance, Move, and Exercise calculations in the Activity app .
More tips from Apple to get the best Apple Watch tracking include making certain you have a cozy paroxysm, choose the most accurate exercise type in the Workout app, and make certain wrist detection is on ( Watch app on iPhone > My Watch tab > Passcode > Wrist Detection ) .
If you ’ ve tried all of the steps above and are distillery having fuss with accurate Apple Watch Workout tracking and Activity trailing, reach out to Apple Support .
Read more 9to5Mac tutorials:
FTC : We use income earning car affiliate links. More.
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more apple news :